It is a real concern for every entrepreneur to provide a safe working atmosphere to the employees’ particularly those who are working on the factory shop floor or storerooms and warehouses. Therefore, every company should care about Warehouse line marking guidelines to provide complete safety to their workers.
Warehouses are crowded with heavy machinery or goods or raw materials and finished products. Usually, the raw materials and the finished products are kept in the warehouse and moved as per need. Since, in the ordinary course, the employees walk inside the warehouse, or industrial vehicle like forklifts move inside the warehouse.
It is essential to have a visible pathway for them. Are you an entrepreneur thinking about how to organize a Warehouse? Well, the solution is warehouse line marking. The proper floor marking must be approximately 2 inches wide so that maximum visibility can be insured as part of the floor plan or the structural set up of the room that you undertake.
Warehouse Line Marking Guidelines – How To Organize Warehouse?
Even some warehouse needs regulated light and temperature to keep the stocks in the right condition. The warehouse line marking is nothing but marking the floor of the warehouse with fluorescent colors to identify the pathway in which the workers or the industrial lifting equipment can move.
They are usually marked with different colors to know the path one should follow while working in the warehouse or segregate some areas. You should go for aisles that can be at least 3 or 4 inches wider so that major things can be accommodated inside the rooms, and proper space utilization can be done.
The Benefits of Organizing Warehouse Inventory
- Increasing Visual Communications – With warehouse line marking the workers get to know which way to move to get the stocks and which way to avoid. The markings on the floor work as guidelines defining the safe walkways for move on foot or drive the industrial vehicles inside.
- Helps To Identify The Right Storage Area – The line markings on the floor of the warehouse help the employees to identify the right storage area.
- Reduces The Lead Time – The warehouse line marking reduces the lead time of working inside the warehouse. It increases the output of the employees as the smooth operation is possible following the lines in the least time.
- Helps In Traffic Flow – It may be an employee or an industrial vehicle for stacking and moving materials. The line-markings on the floor of the warehouse help the operators to ascertain the route. They guide the operators and instruct them.
- Improves Safety – The marking on the floor enhances the safety of the workers. They can easily find out looking at them, which area is hazardous, which path is for warehouse vehicles to move. They can avoid these paths that can otherwise cause accident unknowingly.
Best Way To Organize a Warehouse
As a warehouse owner or manager, it is necessary to follow some plans before marking the floors of the warehouse. One should always plan for space of specific items and mark the area and path for them. One should chalk out a feasible blueprint rather than marking the floors randomly.
Trial Runs – One should select a small area and test the feasibility of the plan. Some productivity and efficiency tests should be done with the help of the workers before marking the total area.
Defining The Need – If the warehouse is for general purpose storing and store a variety of items, it is best to go with temporary markings. If however, the warehouse stores only specific products, then permanent markings should be done.
You can go for removing the adhesive and the films that are required for marking the floor systems, and you can also go for checking the exact quality of the tape and the firm sticking on the ground.